Saturday, August 24, 2019

Back in Japan

Tokyo Sogen was so pleased with the response to their edition of SHANKS ON CRIME that they bought the rights to put out another collection of my stories.  THE RED ENVELOPE AND OTHER STORIES was released last week.  As best I can make out the Japanese title reads:  SOLVE MYSTERIES AT THE COFFEE SHOP ON HOLIDAYS.  Why not?

Besides the title story, the book contains: The Accessory, Brutal, The Center of the Universe, Crow's Lesson, The Roseville Way, Shooting at Firemen, Train Tracks, and Two Men One Gun,

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Robert. That's very cool indeed! You're developing quite the international readership!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bill. 192 countries left to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr. Lopresti

    Hello.
    I am a japanese mystery fan. I read your translated books. I am very impressed by your works.
    As for the latest one, I like ´The Accessory´best.
    I am looking forward to reading your another books.
    Sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear friend,
      Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoy them. "The Accessory" is the only published story of mine set in Bellingham, Washington where I live.

      You may enjoy the blog SleuthSayers, where I write every other Wednesday. You can read one of my stories (in English!) here: https://www.sleuthsayers.org/2019/10/the-long-treason.html

      Delete